Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Dunlop E3 Out Back

My rear tire had a slow leak so I stopped in at my friendly, local Honda dealer so they could check it out. The service writer found a piece of metal in the center of the tread. No problem. They could fix that easily enough, if the darned tire wasn't already down to the wear bars! My first Bridgestone G704 lasted about 8,000 miles. I replaced that one when I upgraded the suspension. The second Bridgestone went about 10,000 miles. Not bad, but I wanted more, and I just wanted to try something different. So, $325.00 later, I'm out the door with a new Dunlop E3 mounted, balanced and installed.

One hundred miles later, I like the E3 dual tread radial a lot. Turn in is quicker. Grip is good in the dry--even when leaned over going around a surprisingly sharp decreasing radius corner on Black Snake Road in Stanley, NC. Ride is fine. While this is a little taller tire, I can still reach the ground fine.

I'll update this post as I put more miles on the E3, and I'm hoping to get around 15,000 miles out of this tire. The E3 radial has a dual tread compound that's harder in the middle and softer on the edges. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment